Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#810530 05/16/24 06:47 PM
User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast

The last 2 songs were written with Nashville staff writers , or were at one time. Everybody knows the climate going on loss of jobs.
This is written on my own, Stripped down , Acoustic guitar part , Violin part session player , BGV .She must of sent 25 stems on that lol

Last edited by Elvis Nash; 05/16/24 07:24 PM.
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
A really nice song. Beautiful instrumentation.

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.
User Showcase
L
Journeyman
Journeyman
L
There's not much to say because it's very well done. The sound and mixing are perfect. Great work.
Laurent

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Elvis,

That's a very cool song. Excellent vocal and love the mix. You have a great sound.

Bob

User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Seymour Hoffman who died from a over dose is where I got the idea
He's friend had some quote after he died , It was something I have in this hook , I forget now .
It was bit of a spooky write walking around at midnight with the dog , odd
So sad he was a great actor , damn drugs
Thanks guys

Last edited by Elvis Nash; 05/17/24 05:51 AM.
User Showcase
F
Expert
Expert
F
Originally Posted by Elvis Nash
Seymour Hoffman who died from a over dose is where I got the idea
He's friend had some quote after he died , It was something I have in this hook , I forget now .
It was bit of a spooky write walking around at midnight with the dog , odd
So sad he was a great actor , damn drugs
Thanks guys

Great song, vocal, and arrangement. Keep posting.

Fred Grittner
2020 iMac, Sonoma, Logic Pro
https://52tracksblog.com
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice song - nice vocals - what's BIAB on it?

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
rayc #810617 05/17/24 08:09 PM
User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I've never used Band In A box , its all session players and recorded in studios.
But I stumbled upon this site to see what was going on with BIAB, since all this AI talk is going on and in the press ... I was curious about it.

I'm old fashioned I guess , I like professional studios and interacting with a producer . Like i said I'm hearing a lot of buzz on AI, so I wanted to see what's up with all that .The melody was written by me , but worked with a session player that reads and writes music and knows theory like that back of his hand . So that's how that was done . Then I listened to it, and hired a professional violin session player . I sang it and added a BGVS that matched my ruff voice . In turn it was mixed by BZ Lewis. https://www.studio132.com/about.html, and I was done .
Lets say 4 weeks start to finish . it's only a stereo mix , I'm half tempted to mix it again... using Dolby Atmos Mixing . But I think I'll just do all the next songs using that. .
thanks for listening

Ray if I had one wish.. it be to record in major million dollar studio with a million dollar producer , A++++++++++ studio players for a month just to see what one song would sound like.

Last edited by Elvis Nash; 05/17/24 09:43 PM.
User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hey Lauren
thanks for listening man
How about a fish story ?
thanks again

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cxVda29URyA

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Elvis.

While it's great to have you on this forum, the "User Showcase" is designated for people who use PG Music products. At the top of of this section, under User Showcase Info, FAQ, and Guidelines, it states:

The User Showcase is an area where users of PG Music products (e.g. Band-in-a-Box or RealBand) can post links to their original song compositions, for others to listen to and comment on.

Thanks!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I've never used Band In A box , its all session players and recorded in studios.

...using Dolby Atmos Mixing . But I think I'll just do all the next songs using that.
Just so you're aware:
"The User Showcase is an area where users of PG Music products (e.g. Band-in-a-Box or RealBand) can post links to their original song compositions, for others to listen to and comment on."

Mixing in Dolby ATMOS is a really, REALLY big step.
I suggest, if you've not looked into it much, that you check these people out as they do Atmos Mixing & mastering as well as make speakers , (they needed to as the format needs flat consistent speakers across the 9 or so slots), :https://www.youtube.com/@PresentDayProduction/search?query=ATMOS

Last edited by rayc; 05/18/24 01:54 AM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hearts Mend used Mixing in Dolby ATMOS. Same producer that did this song.
I think the multitude of products sold on line has basically killed the studios producers and engineers jobs. I see it no different then another version of AI
There's a few standing and I will use them. The world is isolated enough as it is . I won't play into it
Gavin is 6'8 and has a small studio . He has no AI toys . A vocal booth , ok man push the button let me sing this 3 times , Kelseyville Calif where I live now , Well its Clear Lake Oaks all part of Lake county , is like stepping back into the world 60 years ago
https://www.duvateen.com/
BZ Lewis in Oakland can mess with my voice with the toys .
Mr Kelseyville founded that town and killed the indians , Well the indians got sick of his [*****] and killed him , my analogy to modern music industry, A few indians like me are still standing

Last edited by Elvis Nash; 05/18/24 03:22 AM.
WaoBand #810635 05/18/24 02:39 AM
User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Thanks Waco band

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Elvis, super song, and great vocals, arrangement and mix. You could probably get better session players and studio support, but the way you produced this one serves the song perfectly well to my ears.

FWIW, BiaB isn't "AI" per se. It's just a way for musicians to flesh out their music without the time and expense of studio musicians. The magic is the algorithms in BiaB that allow session musicians' works to be cut and spliced transparently to create a (usually) realistic accompaniment. For example, you might find it interesting and fun to arrange a band around your vocals and guitar, just to explore the possibilities. (I've grossly simplified my explanation of BiaB to focus on what may be an area of interest for you)

Anyway, really like your music! Thanks for stopping by!!

Last edited by DC Ron; 05/18/24 09:26 AM.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
DC Ron #810640 05/18/24 04:48 AM
User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
That's what I was curious about , How you guys are using BIB to flesh out songs, Yes major studios and A++++ players are pricey.
So its a budget song really. I might explore this , See what's up on BIB , I should re-order my grammar book on amazon again, or my rants might come off odd , The last one fell in the lake .
thanks man

Last edited by Elvis Nash; 05/18/24 05:00 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That's what I was curious about , How you guys are using BIB to flesh out songs, Yes major studios and A++++ players are pricey.
So its a budget song really. I might explore this , See what's up on BIB , I should re-order my grammar book on amazon again, or my rants might come off odd , The last one fell in the lake .
thanks man

Yeah.... So as a writer myself, and that I write a lot of songs.... I realized I needed a way to get studio results without the studio expense. Band in A Box is that solution. You can produce studio quality, radio ready, songs with it. For less than the cost of a single Nashville or LA session, you can have a band ready to go at a moment's notice.

It's not AI. But it is certainly brilliant. Listen to the Showcase offerings and get a sense of what it is capable of. I like to say that the only limitation is your imagination.

My path to a song is simple and quite a few others use the same method. Flesh out the song in BB and get the structure. Render the tracks to waves and import them into the DAW of your choice. Then mix and produce the song to meet your satisfaction.

BTW: Thats a cool song. Well done and sounds good.

We do have folks join from time to time who don't have any interest in BB or PG products. They post just to advertise their new song effort and get hit counts. THey normally get reported and removed by the moderator...... However.....Since you are interested in BB/PG, I'd suggest that you ask questions, explore the forums, and pick up a copy of BB for yourself and see what has us all excited about this unique product.

EDIT: you mentioned A++++ players. The REAL TRACKS are performed by the top Nashville and LA session players and recorded in the best "million dollar" studios. So yeah.... you have access to the absolute cream of the crop of session players for your productions.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 05/18/24 07:56 AM. Reason: additional thought

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This has a nice sound and mix.

I enjoyed it.

I also echo the thought that there is not a lot you can do in a pro studio that you can't do at home, if you have BIAB and the the right plugins, and you also know how to play an instrument or two yourself for the live feel.

User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Well that's interesting Guitar Hacker , thanks for the info, I'll check it out , see what's up
Hey David , sounds interesting. Black Bird Studio Nashvegas , 90k for a song , Right sign me up. the phone went dead after the owner told me that. Well I don't want to buy the city of Nashville , its a song. Well you'll sound like Jason Aldean , right

Last edited by Elvis Nash; 05/19/24 04:34 AM.
User Showcase
I
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I
Love this Elvis. You have beautifully set the mood with a great audio and video and of course the subject matter is close to my heart. The absence of drums is a masterstroke which adds to the melodramatic aural vista.
Nice indeed.

Izzy #810719 05/19/24 04:18 AM
User Showcase
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Izzy
Love this Elvis. You have beautifully set the mood with a great audio and video and of course the subject matter is close to my heart. The absence of drums is a masterstroke which adds to the melodramatic aural vista.
Nice indeed.

To tell ya the truth...I like simple songs without all the bells and whistles. James Taylor can still stand there with just a guitar and get it done.
It's over whelming all the plug ins and toys . How about make sure my guitar is tuned and a pretty girl in Italy to play violin .lol
thanks Izzy .

Last edited by Elvis Nash; 05/19/24 04:31 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,915
Posts738,792
Members38,615
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jim Gear, gdl68, that_bear_there, TwoHandsDown, reidmakesmusic
38,615 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 162